The Master’s Degree in Health Informatics is designed for current and future healthcare professionals who wish to understand how informatics integrates into healthcare, why informatics is needed, and what can be done to improve efficiency, cost, and healthcare quality. Students will learn about current technology in healthcare, the modern U.S. healthcare system, healthcare legislation, data standards, research methods, health data science, project management, and change management.
Why Choose USciences Online?
For nearly 200 years, USciences has prepared leaders and innovators in pharmacy, science, healthcare, and related disciplines. Our career-focused online programs and certificates continue this tradition—empowering you to expand your knowledge and your opportunities, all on your schedule.
Offered in partnership within Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, the USciences Online Health Informatics Master’s program offers:
- A 100% online, flexible, career-focused curriculum
- 12 courses, 36 credits – complete the program in as little as 2 years
- Practical coursework addressing real-world challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and the vast opportunities in the field
The field of health informatics is booming. Employment of health informatics technicians is estimated to grow 11% from 2018 to 2028—much faster than the average for all other occupations. Your Masters from USciences Online prepares you to take the next step as a healthcare or IT professional. You’ll gain advanced knowledge around data collection and analysis that supports improvements at the local, national, and international levels. You’ll play an essential role in healthcare providers' transition to electronic health records and other technology systems that lead to total interoperability.
Earn your Master degree in Health Informatics on your schedule through our 100% online, career-focused curriculum. You’ll examine current challenges and identify future opportunities in healthcare informatics via the following required courses:
- Introduction to Health Informatics*
- Understanding Health Information Systems*
- Data Management & Utilization*
- Strategic Planning in Healthcare Informatics*
- Advanced Technology in Healthcare Informatics
- Connected Health and Patient Engagement
- Data Management and Clinical Decision Support
- Project and Change Management in Healthcare Informatics
- Research Methods in Health Care Informatics
- U.S. Healthcare Policy and Politics in Informatics
Elective courses (choose two):
- Public Health Informatics and Telehealth
- Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Intro to Genomics
- Introduction to Data Science
- Introduction to Health Delivery and Administration
- Business Communication for Healthcare Administrators
*These four courses must be taken in sequence.
Visit the website for specific information on courses.
- Will possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution;
- Will have earned an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.3;
- May transfer up to 12 credits of coursework with a 2.3 GPA or better;
Applicants should submit official college transcripts for undergraduate degrees. Transcripts from non-US institutions must be course-by-course evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
A GRE/GMAT score is not required. A TOEFL/IELTS score is required unless an applicant’s native language is English or they have completed a previous degree at an institution where English was the language of instruction:
- TOEFL: 90
- IELTS: 6.5
About University of the Sciences
- Top 10 in the United States for salary after graduation (among colleges and universities with more than 500+ undergraduates enrolled [Dept. Of Education College Scorecard, Oct 2019])
- #1 in the United States for ROI 40 years after enrollment (among private colleges and universities across the country [A First Try at ROI: Ranking 4,500 Colleges, Georgetown University, 2019])
- Lower, fixed tuition–know the full cost from day one until graduation
- Hands-on undergraduate research and experiential learning as early as freshman year
- 7:1 student-to-faculty ratio, personalized attention from expert faculty
- Over 30 academic programs with 60+ student organizations in an urban campus
- Alumni include founders of six of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies
- Founded as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, the first college of pharmacy in North America
- Located in Philadelphia, a major pharmaceutical, medical, technological and business hub
Σχετικά με τη Σχολή
University of the Sciences has prepared students to be leaders and practitioners in the healthcare and science fields for nearly 200 years. Key to its distinctive education is a tradition of hands-on ... περαιτέρω